Monday, February 9, 2009

Heartbroken

A week or so ago, I came across the Mac's blog by reading about them on the Boyd family's blog. Their story was very sad and emotional for me, especially as a new mom, because their daughter, Cora Paige, who looks to be maybe a year old, has cancer and is receiving chemo treatments and having surgeries almost daily. Over the past week, as I have prayed for Cora and her family, I thanked God over and over for Mackenzie's health.

Today at lunch, I checked blog updates on my phone and I was heart broken to learn that Cora passed away yesterday. Even writing this now is very hard - I do not know this family personally, but in my heart, I feel as though I do. Please pray for them to have strength and courage during this time.

http://themcclenahans.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Mary said...

That is such a sad story. It's hard to even imagine how that family feels. Cancer is such a mean, hard, sad disease. Life is precious! Keeping the faith is all we can do. Love you!