Sunday, November 1, 2009

Leopard costume pictures

Last year, I put a LOT of thought into Mackenzie's Halloween costume. I wanted it to be perfect so I researched our options for months and ended up ordering the cutest Octopus costume a month before Halloween.

This year...not so much. A couple of weeks before Halloween I realized I hadn't thought about Mackenzie's costume. Luckily, Target saved the day and had a very cute Leopard costume on sale for $8 - SOLD!

Unfortunately, Mackenzie was not as excited as I was about this costume. Now, one of the reasons I chose this particular costume was because I thought it would be pretty close to feeling like she was wearing regular clothes. I almost got a puppy costume, but I just knew the hood would not work well for Mackenzie...she hates have anything on her head other than a bow!

Naturally, when the costume came in, I just HAD to try it on her and see what it looked like. Well, she screamed and cried and threw a huge fit. I couldn't understand what was wrong, but it was clear that she was not feeling it. She was pulling frantically at the tu-tu and saying "peas...peas!!!" - begging me to take it off. After about 20 minutes of "ooh" and "ahh" and "Mackenzie's so pretty!", she finally stopped crying and we removed the costume.

I wanted to get some cute pictures of her in the costume on Nan & Pops' front porch since they had all sorts of pumpkins and fun stuff out. This was the second time Mackenzie put on the costume and as soon as she saw me coming with it, she started the fit again. Another round of ooh-ing and ahh-ing bought me enough time to sit her on the front porch and snap a few shots. All of that work for these ADORABLE pictures...enjoy!

































4 comments:

Mama Elle said...

What a cutie!

Brittany said...

Your little girl in beautiful! A spitting image of her mommy:) Looks like you had a Happy Halloween:)

Jenna said...

She is adorable, I love her costume! Super cute on her!

Glad you had a good Halloween :)

Jenna
thejacksonfivefamily.blogspot.com

Benfield Photography said...

OH.MY. I have a heart that just melted!