Thursday, March 8, 2012

19 weeks

I saw a friend updating her blog with weekly stats on her pregnancy and thought it would be fun to do.  I'm almost half-way done, but better late than never!  :)


Due date:  August 1, 2012 is the official due date, but I originally had July 29 as a due date and then the measurements at our last ultrasound said the due date was July 27.  Who knows?!


How far along: 19 weeks, 1 day

Baby's size: 8.5 ounces, size of a large "heirloom" tomato

Maternity clothes: Borrowing super cute stuff from a sweet friend and re-using what I can from the last time.  I definitely needed to start wearing maternity clothes MUCH sooner than I did with Mackenzie.  Thank goodness I've had multiple mamas tell me that's pretty normal for the second baby.  Whew.

Stretch marks: No

Sleep: Mackenzie's bedtime is around 8pm and the last few months I've been going to bed right after putting her down.  I'm sleeping pretty well, but I'm normally a pretty heavy sleeper and that's not the case lately.  Almost any little thing wakes me up and then I have a hard time going back to sleep.  I usually wake up at least once in the middle of the night.  I guess God's just getting me ready for what's to come!  :)

Best moment this week: Talking about names with Matt and going to lunch today to shop around for baby cribs.  Also, I bought the first clothing item for the baby.  I got a "Big Sister" t-shirt for M and a matching "Little Sister" onesie for little miss.  When I showed it to Mackenzie, she said "look how CUTE!" which made Matt roll his eyes and made my heart leap for joy!

Miss anything: Honestly, I don't normally drink very often, but the other day while we were out eating pizza, I really wanted a frosty mug of beer to go with it!  Ha!

Movement: YES!  Little miss is moving around so much and I absolutely LOVE it!  It makes me smile so big that my face hurts.  Best feeling in the entire world.

Food cravings: I haven't really been craving anything specific, but when I do think of something, I want it five minutes ago.  I get hungry quickly and it's a mad dash to eat ASAP.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Brushing my teeth is still making me a little queasy...I think it's the after-taste of the toothpaste.  I've tried a different kind, but it was worse.

Gender: It's a GIRL!!!!

Labor signs: No

Symptoms: Fatigue, pregnancy brain (major!), hungry all the time!

Belly button in or out: In

Wedding rings on or off: On

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy...and tired!

Looking forward to: Being able to feel the baby move from the outside.  I can tell Matt is really excited about being able to feel it and I think it will be cool to share with Mackenzie.

1 comment:

Fleishers said...

So excited to follow your journey!!! You and Matt have an adorable family :-) We'll have introduce our little ones once they are both here!