Our little chunky monkey has had a cold since Thursday night and has not been feeling well. It's so scary for Matt and I because we just got out of the habit of constantly making sure she's breathing and now that she's congested, we're right back to it! We took her to the doctor and they told us that all we could really do for her is to put saline drops in her nose and suction it out before she eats. We feel terrible for her but it doesn't seem to bother her as much as it bothers us. Plus she makes some really cute piglet noises sometimes... :) Here's the little girl sleeping it off after eating a big dinner!!
Very relaxed during naptime...Matt, Mackenzie and I went to my step-mother's for a delicious meal (yummy!!!) and family pics! We got some pictures of me and my brothers and sisters (all five of us!) with the babies, but I have to get those from Tracye so I'll post them soon. Here's the rest of the pictures from the day:
Daddy and Mackenzie who is still not feeling 100%
Mommy and Mackenzie
Daddy and his favorite little girl!
What a rolly polly!Saturday night after the good food and pictures, we headed back home and got ready for Uncle Brandon and Aunt Mary to come over. Mary had honeymoon pictures to share and they surprised us by bringing their babies, Brandy and Boozer (Cocker Spaniel puppies), over to play!
Napping together - how CUTE!!
What a sweet family picture!!!
Brandy and Boozer
Brandy wanted to give Mackenzie a kiss...and she did later!! :)
Sweet babies! It made Matt and I want one...but not for a looong time! We have enough work on our hands with Mackenzie!
One of my new favorite pictures!On Sunday, we went to church for the very first time with Nan and Pops at the Lakewood Methodist Church. Matt and I were very nervous to see how Mackenzie did with the loud music, people, and let's be honest...not being fussy for a solid hour. She did even better than we imagined because we even got to have lunch after church with Nan, Pops, and Aunt Erin at Dixie Cafe. I will say that we cheated a little by taking a break in between at Aunt Erin's to eat and change diapers, but even so, she did great!!
Pops and Nana B with Mackenzie at church
Mommy was so proud of her little girl!!
After church and lunch we went home to hang out with Weepaw, Red, Uncle Trey, Aunt JJ, and Ethan for a little while:
She loves her Red
And Ethan was all smiles - as usual!! :)
Mackenzie telling me that she'd had enough of the paparrazi for one weekend...











3 comments:
I'm so glad there is a blog! I can't wait to watch Mackenzie grow up. She's already changing so much just in these first few weeks. Looks like the family is doing really well! (and like Mackenzie already has her daddy wrapped around her finger!)
Oh I' m so glad you posted!! I love that sweet face! It was great seeing you Sunday! I need to see baby Mackenzie this week!!!!!
Hey sweet Mackenzie! I am so happy that your mommy put so many pictures up! I hope your cold is better. See you soon!
Post a Comment