Saturday, March 20, 2010

21 month update

Another month has passed...and fast too!

Mackenzie, you are 21 months old.  I have three months left to say your age in months...then I'm going to have to say "My daughter is two."  As in "two years old"...whoa!

You weigh about 27 pounds and are getting much taller!  You are in 24 month/2T clothes although a few of your 18-24 month things still fit.  You are still in a size 5-wide shoe - you have very small feet!!

You're wearing size five diapers when I can keep them on you.  Your favorite thing to do these days is to strip those off every chance you get!

You are still obsessed with books, which I love.  You will let anyone and everyone to read to you and you really enjoy reading to your babies as well.  It's a very sweet sight!

You are enjoying the warm days and love being outside whether you're running around, riding in your wagon or helping me take out the trash.  The last time Nonna was here, she put bird feed outside of your window so that you two could watch the birds and squirrels.  You LOVE looking out your window and trying to find them.  You even clap your hands on your thighs and say "'mere!" (aka "come here!").

You are talking so much and Daddy & I are amazed at some of the things you are picking up.  You are learning so much at school - some of it's wonderful and some of it's not so wonderful ("mine!!!")  :)  You can almost sing the entire ABC song without help and count to ten.  But you have also started throwing fits and banging your head on the wall/floor when you don't get your way.  You only do that every once in a while and I'm pretty sure that ignoring those things is showing you that you won't be getting any attention when you do that.
You are singing a lot - some are songs I recognize and others sound like you're just having fun!  You are also still enjoying dancing - in class and at home.  You love music regardless - something else I am so grateful for!

Your favorite toys are still your stuffed animals ("babies") - you love, love, LOVE taking care of them and putting them to bed.  Nothing makes you happier than laying out a big blanket and piling up each and every baby/blanket/silkie you own on top of it.  You will make several trips from your room to the living room to get this accomplished and you are always very busy making sure they are all asleep!

You are such a wonderful gift Mackenzie.

We love you,
Mommy & Daddy




Kisses for Babbles


Mackenzie thought Babbles needed a bow

Reading to Babbles

Her favorites babies: Mac, Puppy & Babbles

And now they all have bows!!

She wanted to take a picture of her babies - so sweet! 
I think I'm going to print/frame this for her room.

1 comment:

Nonna said...

She sure is growing fast!
Pure ray of Sunshine in my life.

I love you Kenzie Bug!!!

Love Nonna