This morning, as usual, I woke up to you babbling to yourself (and whining every once in a while). However, when I looked over, I couldn't believe what I saw on the video monitor - you were SITTING UP in your crib!!!! I was so excited that I grabbed my camera and ran into your room to get a picture! Before I could say cheese, you laid down and crawled over to the edge of the crib to greet me with that sweet smile. As much as I wish I had a picture of that moment, I know it's one that I will be able to see clearly in my mind forever!
So...as of today, you are "officially" going from tummy to sitting up by yourself. I am so proud of you! You are also doing other super-cute-big-girl things these days:
- Pulling up on me every chance you get
- Trying to pull up on anything and everything
- Still loving on your silky, but now you will turn it over and over until you see the soft side and then you grab that particular side and pull it up to your face and start sucking on your bottom lip (this is possibly the CUTEST thing you do right now!)
- Trying to wave - even when we're not going anywhere and sometimes when we are!
- Sharing - when you are chewing on a teething ring or eating something, you will give me some if I ask, "May I have some?" and then giggle when I pretend to eat it.
- You are still trying to crawl and sometimes you will be on your hands and your toes with your little booty up in the air like you're doing a yoga pose!
Love,
Mommy
*** I almost forgot one really important thing - you have your bottom left tooth and your bottom right one is starting to break through! There's nothing cuter than seeing you smile with that cute little tooth!
1 comment:
I miss you Mackenzie!!
Love Nonna
Post a Comment