Monday, October 13, 2008

Race for the Cure

Mackenzie attended her very first Race for the Cure Saturday!! My mom, Mackenzie, and I walked for my mother's mom, my Mimi! She is a survivor and we're so proud of her. It was wonderful to be out there walking for such a great cause and to be surrounded by so many supportive people. It felt really good to be part of such a large crowd - 50,000 this year! We walked with Mary and her mom and sister. It was so much fun to share this with the Gillin girls and the newly married Mrs. Crawford!! We love you girls!!

Mimi,
We love you so much! You're a beautiful, strong, amazing woman and I'm so blessed to have you in my life! I am proud to be part of such a strong line of women.

Mackenzie,
I am so proud of you for being such a good girl! You didn't fuss at all out at the race and you seemed to really enjoy it. You have an amazing grandmother and great-grandmother and I hope you always know how much they love you!



At 6 am, getting ready to head over to the Gillin's!


Three generations - all for you Mimi!!


The Gillin girls and Mrs. Crawford!


Mackenzie soaking it all in!





Sweet baby girl!!


Nice peace sign Mom!! :)






3 comments:

Margie @ Smiles Forever Photo said...

AHHHHHHHH great job ladies.. I am very proud of all of you.. Hugs, M

MaryMac said...

Thank you so much, you have brought tears to my eyes. Stay strong, caring and full of hope.
Love you all for doing this.
Mimi

Mary said...

This was a blast! I am so glad that we did this together. I really enjoyed having Mackenzie there too!!! Love you!