Okay, so I know that it's almost 3:00 a.m., but the sweetest thing just happened (yes - even at this hour) and I want to remember it always.
I woke up to see Mackenzie wide awake and on her belly at about 2:20 (Side Note: To any new parent, I highly suggest investing in a video monitor. We received ours as a gift and it is one of the best things we ever got!!). I went in her room to see what was going on.
She was having trouble holding her head up to see over the crib rail and she kept rubbing her face on her Silkie, so I'm not sure why she woke up because she was obviously very tired. I got her out of her crib, changed her and assessed the situation. She wasn't crying, so it couldn't have been her teeth keeping her up. She wasn't acting hungry or anything that I could tell, so I laid her back in her crib. She let out a little cry like something hurt so I picked her back up and before I could decide what to do next, she laid her head on my shoulder....and she stayed there. All she wanted me to do was hold her!
I swayed with her few minutes to see if she was going to squirm or whine a little more, but she didn't let out a peep. I then sat down in her chair and rocked her. She just snuggled me the whole time! She didn't fuss or squirm, she just wanted to snuggle. It was one of the sweetest moments we've ever had - even if it was at 2:30 in the morning!!!
Mackenzie, you truly brighten my life. I may never know why you were up at this hour, but thank you. Moments like that mean everything in the world to me and this one, I will never forget. You are the greatest blessing and I love you so much!
Love,
Mommy
1 comment:
What a special, sweet moment!
I love you both!!
Post a Comment