Monday, January 5, 2009

Greenville, MS Trip

January 4, 2009



We finally made a trip to see my family in Greenville, MS on Sunday! My Aunt Anne and Uncle James live there and everyone met at their house. John Austin was home from school in St. Augustine, FL; Ashley was home from school at Mississippi College; Meemaw, Aunt Linda & Uncle Dan came from Clarksdale, MS; Pops is staying there for a couple of weeks to recover from his lung surgery; and Dad, Tracye, Jami, Ethan, Trey, Matt, Mackenzie, and I came in from Sherwood. We had quite a few people there and it was a blast!



I don't get to see this part of my family very often and it was so wonderful to get to spend time with all of them. My Uncle Dan is recovering from a stroke and looking great! Pops is also in recovery - he had surgery to remove the upper left lung due to lung cancer. He looked great as well and I'm so proud of him - he is such a strong man! I love you both Uncle Dan and Pops!

Mackenzie was very excited to see everyone. She had not seen my Meemaw, Pops or Aunt Anne since she was 9 days old...which wasn't that long ago if you really think about it. She is growing up fast!

To my family that reads this - I had so much fun spending time with you all. I am so blessed to have each and every one of you in my life! I love you all more than words can say. Hopefully we can do this again soon!!




Family pic on the back patio


MUAH!


Mackenzie loved the puppies!!


Mommy, Mackenzie & Weepaw


Aunt Linda and Meemaw (twins!!)


Uncle Dan, Aunt Linda and Meemaw


Aunt Anne taking a picture of me taking a picture :)


Mackenzie loves rides on Daddy's shoulders


Anne and Meemaw


Dad, Anne and Meemaw


Dad, Tracye, Anne, James


John Austin, Ashley, Anne, James


Meemaw and her grandchildren (minus Ashlea and Scott)


Everyone (minus Pops who was napping)


Everyone's funny faces!

3 comments:

Nonna said...

Looks like ya'll had fun!!
Sure is good to see everyone. I haven't seen Dan & Linda in forever!!

Thanks hon!

WEE said...

Hiyya Sweetie!! Your so good at getting everybody cordinated and motivated to get these pictures taken!! Keep up the good work!!
Your the BEST!!

Nonna said...

She is the BEST!
So organized with this kinda stuff!!

Thanks Melanie!! At least the family will always be documented :)